This awesome blogger theme comes under a Creative Commons license. They are free of charge to use as a theme for your blog and you can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.
RSS

Scones!!!

Didn't try scones before until one day Aunt Esther homemade some and offered me them. Was totally in love with the buttery fragrance and of course, the sweet soury taste of the cranberries! *me loves everything related to berries!* =P
According to Aunt Esther, the secret recipe of this cranberry cream scones was the cream cheese added in it. It was the secret ingredient that made it remain soft and crumbly the next day. Even you put it in the fridge and reheat it after that, it remains moist and soft and crumble. How awesome!
Aunt told me that she got the recipe from a food blog of her friend and so I quickly got it and tried it on myself last night. Oh ya, yesterday was the last day of my work, and I baked to 'distress' XD

Killer Cranberry Cream Scones
recipe from wendyinkk

125gm all purpose flour
125gm cake flour (original recipe only called for all purpose, I substituted half with this as a safety measure)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
80gm dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
120gm cream cheese, room temp
30gm butter
90ml milk
1 egg, 1 Tbsp removed for glazing

Glaze
1 Tbsp egg mix with 1 tsp milk
Extra melted butter for glazing

1. Preheat oven at 200C. Combine both flours and baking powder. Sift twice to aerate. Mix in salt.
2. Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in flour mixture until it resembles fine crumbs.
3. Combine egg and milk and pour into (2).
4. Mix with a spoon until moistened. Lightly mix in cranberries.
5. Spoon batter into floured moulds and lightly tap to flatten. Lift mould carefully. (I didn't use moulds, I shaped them myself)
6. Glaze scones with egg mixture.
7. Bake for 9 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and quickly brush on melted butter. Put them back into the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
9. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
10. Serve warm with butter and jam. (I tried butter and it was lovely)


I ate them with a glass of milk and it was totally awesomeeeee!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment